Tuesday, August 15, 2017

"He Is Here" - 08/15/17 - Job 35-37

                   
 "It's God's breath that forms the ice, it's God's breath that turns lakes and rivers solid". (37:10)
 

I can remember when I was in Jr. High, just a few years ago............a freeze came over the area after the rains.  The field next to our house was covered with a sheet of solid, smooth ice.  I can remember skating over the field in the dark under the moonlight.  The exercise keeping my body warm, my breath freezing in the air as it escaped from within my chest.  Although I wasn't much of a skater, I could manage to stay up and glide over the surface.  The best I ever got was to achieve a tight circle turnabout then going into a backwards skate.

 I love in winter when the sunshine is making diamonds over the snow covered earth.  How they sparkle and reflect everywhere my eyes rest, as I take in the beauty of His landscape.  Winter isn't my favorite season, but how much of His beauty He gives us in His freezing temperatures.  I love how He flocks the bare trees with an artistic flare after a heavy snow.  Amazed the thin branches don't break as they bow down before our ABBA.  How the footprints of His animals leave their mark, giving us a clue to where they have traveled.  How the sounds are much clearer.  The air seems cleaner.  The cardinals puffed up and sunning themselves, their red is like a splash of paint against the snow.  Everything is so stark that anything with color is more vibrant to our eyes. 

I. love. His. nature.

A gift to us.

His verse takes my breath away.

 "It's God's breath that forms the ice, it's God's breath that turns lakes and rivers solid".


 Never before had I thought about how when walking on ice, we are actually walking on what His breath has formed.  What a marvel knowing He is that close. 

He has transformed water with His breath - HIS BREATH - into something we are able to walk upon.

And like water, He transforms our thoughts from complaining of the cold, fearful of the ice, yearning for the spring, to instead be in awe of Him. 

To look at winter as yet another sign - He is near.  He is here.  With us. For an eternity.


 
 
 
 
 

No comments: