Wednesday, August 09, 2017

"We - His Warriors" - 08/09/17 - Job 14-16




  "I was contentedly minding my business when God beat me up. He grabbed me by the neck and threw me around. He set me up as His target," (16:12)
 
 




                                                                                                    "Having the world by the tail." 
       "Living life to its fullest." 
                                                                               "Nothing can go wrong." 
                          "How can life get any better."




Just some of the thoughts we humans have running through our minds at times and then.......
 we are smacked in the face with...........


                                                                  well............with life.


Job used to be my least favorite book to read.  I viewed it from the point of how ABBA was using Job as a game piece between Him and satan.  It seemed so unfair, for Job, to have to endure all he did, because ABBA chose him.  The account tells us Job was a strong man of God.  He lived his life for God.  And yet, Job was targeted by ABBA.


Through Scripture, ABBA also tells us, "it will rain on the just and unjust" (Matthew 5:45).  As long as we are living on this earth, we will suffer the consequences of sin, even though when in His Covenant, our sins are covered by His Blood.  The consequences Job was affected by were direct attacks from satan, allowed by ABBA. 


                                Doesn't that seem unfair?  How can our all Loving ABBA do that? 


Until I stopped looking at the Book of Job from my own personal view point, I wasn't able to see it for what it is. 


It is an account of one of ABBA's mightiest Warriors. 


ABBA knows our hearts, better than we ourselves do. He knew, without a doubt, Job would not fail Him, no matter the afflictions put upon him. He knew Job would be an example for all to strive for. To know it is only possible through our ABBA to become such, regardless of our human weakness. He knew Job drew his strength from Him.


In looking at Job through Christ' eyes, it has transformed my heart in dealing with trials, tribulations, afflictions, during my journey.  He is enabling me to look more of how He is using me as His Vessel, rather than submit to wallowing in self-pity (at least for not as long as I used to).  He is also helping me to stand back and allow Him to defend me, rather than utilize my inept defenses.  I have found too, when I step back, He shines brighter and more lives are touched for and by Him.

Now, when it comes time to read the Book of Job, my eyes eagerly drink in the Words.  Praying for the new insight He will give me as I journey onward towards Home.  Building me into a stronger Warrior for Him.  "Going and making Disciples". 


                                                                 I count it a privilege and honor to be "used" in His Battle.





No comments: